Friday, January 7, 2011

BLACK SWAN 2010- MOVIE REVIEW

Thinking of a movie date this weekend?


BLACK SWAN??? Rating: Fair


If you are planning on seeing this film and think I will ruin it for you... we'll I won't. But I will help you decide whether or not you wanna see now or rent later. Personally, I love Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis- they are absolutely stunning and naturals on camera. And in this film, they were just that. Portman's characters journey was so intense and evoked so much emotion and she did a hell of a job with the role.


I must warn you... There is some hot lesbian action between Portman and Kunis. Some may want to pay money just to see that (those of you in LA may want to think twice for the price of movies out there).


The bottom line is... this film kept me in my head too much. I was confused as to when things were actually happening or when they were just dreams/hallucinations. Because of this ambiguity, it was hard to enjoy the film. The film seemed to be a huge metaphor for lost hope, broken dreams, dying love.... but by the end some actions seemed too real to be only metaphorical. The film beat you over the head with the use of black and white colors(wardrobe, scenery, decor) but the story line was far from such simplicity.


The best advice I can give is wait for it on Redbox or Netflix! Maybe you will get something out of it that I didn't. I think the actors deserve any and all nominations but there may be better films from 2010.


RATINGS (1* being the lowest, 5* being the highest)


Natalie Portman (5* Chick)
Barbara Hershey (5* Chick)
Mila Kunis (3.5* Chick)


UPDATE*Unfortunately these ladies did not take home the Golden Globe. Sigh *






Smooches 4 Now


~Jream

No comments:

Post a Comment